Here are some ways to save on energy and heating this fall.
Fall weather can be unpredictable but your heating / energy bill doesn’t have to be. If you’re wondering how to lower your electric bill, you just need to know how to conserve electricity. Follow the simple tips below on how to save electricity at home!
HOW TO SAVE ENERGY AT HOME
- HVAC filter – ask your community’s maintenance team to change this every month! This is how to save on heating costs in an apartment setting most effectively.
- Windows and Doors – ensure windows and doors are closed tightly and that there aren’t any drafts.
- Consider weatherizing drafty windows by applying plastic over them.
- Drafty doors? Check the condition of your front door sweep and submit a maintenance request if it needs to be replaced.
- Adjust your thermostat – wearing warm clothing is a good alternative to turning up your heat. But use common sense of course and turn up the heat if you’re cold!
- Vents – ensure furniture isn’t covering up any vents which would restrict warm air flow to the rest of your home.
These are just a few of the ways to save on heating and to make your apartment a little more energy efficient. Our maintenance teams are happy to help if you have any questions on how to accomplish any of these energy-saving tasks.
Here’s to making your home an energy efficient apartment!