Last month, we posted some basic apartment maintenance tips. Below you will find some basic spring cleaning tips, including supplies and DIY spring cleaning tips to help stay on track as you move room to room.
YOU WILL NEED
- Your preferred cleaning products: Click here to browse products for eco-friendly spring cleaning.
- Rags / cleaning cloths
- Broom / mop
- Last but certainly not least, one of the best spring cleaning tips you can find is to have your favorite music, podcast, TV show on to help pass the time.
- Clean oven
- Dishwasher: Run a cycle without any dishes and a dishwasher cleaner to remove grease and limescale.
- Refrigerator: Organize and wipe down the inside of your refrigerator. Keep your refrigerator and freezer odor free by placing a baking soda container in each of them.
- Organize pantry
- Wash bedding: And if you’re feeling ambitious, flip your mattress.
- Organize closet / dresser: Consider donating any unwanted clothes that are still in good condition.
- Organize linen closet and bathroom vanities.
- Clean shower: Once your shower is clean, help prevent mold and mildew growth by using a daily shower cleaner or using a squeegee to remove the water after each shower.
- Organize medicine cabinet: Click here to read safety tips on how to properly dispose of expired medications.
- Washer: Run a cycle with a washer cleaning aid without any laundry.
- Dryer: Clean out the lint trap thoroughly and be sure to clean it out on a regular basis, not just during spring home cleaning.
- Wash windows
- Dust ceiling fans
- Clean baseboards
- Vacuum / shake out rugs
- Change light bulbs that have burned out.
- Check batteries in fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
OFFICE / DESK
- Organize mail / paper / files
- Organize drawers
- Clean electronics
HVAC SPRING MAINTENANCE TIPS
Does your apartment home need a tune up? Check out our spring maintenance tips blog and submit requests for any maintenance needs.