Looking for a new place to call home is fun and exciting but can also be challenging and stressful. We want to make it easy for you to find a new home without all the stress and hassle. Here are some apartment search tips to make it easy for you to search for and find the apartment home of your dreams! Check out the list of apartment hunting tips below!
Apartment Hunting Tips:
- Understand and plan how much you are willing to spend in rent each month – This is an important first step when apartment hunting and will lay the groundwork for which area you want to live, what amenities you want to have, and what features you want in your home. Be sure to plan and review your budget carefully.
- Location, Location, Location – Consider the area you want to live in and narrow your search to this area. This is one thing that can lead to a lot of stress while you are searching for your perfect apartment home. If you understand where you want to live, this will make searching for an apartment a lot easier!
- Pets – Do not forget about your pets when you are looking for a new home! As you know not all communities are pet friendly. While you are looking for apartments in the location that you want to live in double-check to see if they are pet friendly and how much it will cost for your pet to live with you. Click here to view our pet-friendly communities.
- Make a list of what you want the apartment/apartment community to have – After you have determined your budget, and what area you want to live in, start making a list of features and amenities that you would like to have. When making a list of the features that you would like your apartment to have, consider the kitchen, bathroom(s), bedroom(s), and living room space. When making a list of the community amenities that you would like to have ask yourself things like, would I like to have a pool, a fitness center, a business center?
- Check out reviews for the communities that you are looking at – Another important tip that may be apartment hunting 101, is looking at the reviews for the communities that you are interested in. It is a good idea to look at the reviews before you go tour the community.
- Schedule tours of the communities you like – Once you find a community that you like, falls within your budget, and meets what you want your apartment/apartment community to have schedule a tour. This will also give you the opportunity to ask questions and see the space that you would potentially be living in!
- Prepare questions that you want to ask – Before going on your tour, review the apartment community’s website and prepare some questions to ask. You might also come up with questions while you are there. Ask all your questions so that you have a full picture of the community when you leave from your tour.
- Look closely at the apartment when you go to tour the community – When you are on your tour of the apartment, look closely at the details that are important to you. This will help ensure that it is something that you can see yourself living in.
- Size of the apartment – While you are on the tour consider the size of the apartment as you are walking through it. The last thing that you want is for your furniture not to fit as you are moving in!
- Deciding and applying – After you have toured the communities, it is time to rank your options and decide which one you want to call your new home. Once you have decided, fill out an application and contact the apartment community!
Be sure to take a look here at our communities when searching for your next apartment home!